Tuesday 10 February 2009

Valentine's stuff

Someone came

Someone came,

a stranger then.
A stranger perhaps, yet.
But, all the same the world to me
a world,
I shan't forget.
And as the days ahead go by
and wave their fond farewells,
As the leaves desert their trees,
the waves outrun their swells.
As the years take us away
and others come between.
You'll always, be the rarest find,
the greenest of the Green.
The brightest of His many stars,
the greatest of them all.
You'll always be the most to me,
the last of them to fall.

And to you a stranger then,

a stranger, maybe yet
I give to you my very soul,
my heart,
this love I've kept.

December 1970

By Linda A. Copp©

♥♥♥

73% who buy flowers for Valentine's are men, only 27% are women.

♥♥♥

About 1 billion Valentine cards are sent each year (2nd most after X'mas)

♥♥♥

About 3% of pet owners will give Valentine's Day gifts to their pets.

♥♥♥


No comments: